Sunday, October 19, 2008

getting older


I was just realizing the other day how fast time flies. I remember thinking when I was a kid that the school year lasted forever, it was a long time until next christmas would roll around etc. Now, it seems like it is the first day of the month and before I know it, it is the end of the month.


My oldest daughter will be 29 years old on New Year's eve. Seems like yesterday she was a pom pom girl in high school. Now she delivers mail in Virginia Beach and is entering fitness competitions. She won first place in this competition. She has a great amount of discipline.
I, on the other hand, after turning the dreaded "50" , have scratched my left eyeball twice within a month (makes it very hard to see or read), have fallen off the riding lawn mower and thought I broke my wrist and now have managed to do something to my back so that when I stand up, I can't straighten up. Hopefully, next year which is fast approaching, will be a less accident prone year for me. I hope to see my daughter compete next year in competition in Chicago which is much closer to my hometown.

No comments: